From Juan Pablo Gardella <gardellajuanpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Empty row when using OFFSET + LIMIT
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2018 04:12:06 GMT
Hi all,

Today I faced a bug -I think-. I'm using Phoenix shipped
<https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.3/bk_release-notes/content/patch_phoenix.html>at
HDP 2.6.3
<https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.3/index.html>. I
have a table defined as:

create table test (

   id VARCHAR not null primary key,

   json VARCHAR,

   nifi_capture_ts TIMESTAMP

)

It has 2559774 rows. If I execute the following query, it returns a row
with a null value.

select * from

(

   SELECT ID

   FROM test

   LIMIT 100000 OFFSET 100000

)

where ID is null

I was reviewing the git logs and I didn't see any commit related to
that[1]. Notice the query for OFFSET and LIMIT lowers than 10000 does not
fail. I've attached a capture of the query results.

[image: image.png]
Notice if I execute SELECT ID FROM test WHERE ID IS NULL returns an empty
result as expected.

[image: image.png]
Let me know if I should file a ticket at JIRA. For now I'm unable to verify
with a newer server, but AFAIK there is no commit related to that from
today until version 4.7.0.

Thanks in advance,
Juan

[1] Similar but not equal is PHOENIX-3422
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-3342>. The results is no
data instead of null row.
‚Äč