From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix Query Server Impersonation With Non-Kerberos HBase
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2018 20:00:10 GMT
In released versions of Apache Phoenix, there are only two
authentication models for PQS: None and Kerberos via SPNEGO.

Our Karan and Alex have been doing some good work (in what is presently
slated to be 4.15.0 and 5.1.0) around allowing pluggable authentication
and authorization as a part of PQS.

Abstractly, Avatica (the tech PQS builds on) gives API that would be
sufficient for you to build what you are asking for, but this has not
been tied with a bow for you to use out of the box (as such a model must
also hinge on some external authentication service which we do not provide).

Hope that helps.