I solved the problem.
I added the hbase-site.xml file found on the cluster in my java classpath,
added few lines for kerberos access also.

Both helped.

Try enabling DEBUG logging for HBase and take a look at the RegionServer log identified by the hostname in the log message.

Most of the time when you see this error, it's a result of HBase rejecting the incoming request for a Kerberos authentication issue.