From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cannot access from jdbc
Date Wed, 23 May 2018 16:40:53 GMT
Hi Nicolas,
I don't think it's fair to ask the Apache Phoenix community to investigate
a vendor specific issue from a more than two year old forked repo. I have
no idea which of the 912 JIRAs since Phoenix 4.7.0 made it into that fork.

Thanks,
James

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 9:26 AM, Nicolas Paris <niparisco@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi James.
>
> I tried to make the update myself but without success.
> This actualy a custom 4.7 version (here the commit log
> https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.1/
> bk_release-notes/content/patch_phoenix.html)
> The commit log looks more recent than 2 years

>> The 4.7 release is more than two years old. That's seven releases back
>> from the current release we're voting on 4.14. I'd recommend working with
>> your vendor and urging them to upgrade to a newer, supportable version.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James
>>
>> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 9:10 AM, Nicolas Paris <niparisco@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> hi team
>>>
>>> I am having this error while trying to connect from a java program to a working
phoenix 4.7 (hdp build) instance:

>>>  Wed May 23 16:40:56 CEST 2018, null, java.net.SocketTimeoutException: callTimeout=60000,
callDuration=69037:
Connection reset by peer row 'SYSTEM:CATALOG,,'