From Gerald Sangudi <gsang...@23andme.com>
Subject Hash aggregation
Date Fri, 18 May 2018 17:57:13 GMT
Hello,

Does Phoenix provide hash aggregation? If not, is it on the roadmap, or
should I file a ticket? We have aggregation queries that do not require
sorted results.

For example, this EXPLAIN plan shows a CLIENT SORT.

*CREATE TABLE unsalted (       keyA BIGINT NOT NULL,       keyB BIGINT NOT
NULL,       val SMALLINT,       CONSTRAINT pk PRIMARY KEY (keyA, keyB));*

*EXPLAINSELECT /*+ USE_SORT_MERGE_JOIN */ t1.val v1, t2.val v2, COUNT(*) c
FROM unsalted t1 JOIN unsalted t2 ON (t1.keyA = t2.keyA) GROUP BY t1.val,
t2.val;+------------------------------------------------------------+-----------------+----------------+--+|
                           PLAN   | EST_BYTES_READ | EST_ROWS_READ  |
|+------------------------------------------------------------+-----------------+----------------+--+|
SORT-MERGE-JOIN (INNER) TABLES                             | null | null |
||     CLIENT 1-CHUNK PARALLEL 1-WAY FULL SCAN OVER UNSALTED  | null | null
| || AND                                                        | null |
null | ||     CLIENT 1-CHUNK PARALLEL 1-WAY FULL SCAN OVER UNSALTED  | null
| null | || CLIENT SORTED BY [TO_DECIMAL(T1.VAL), T2.VAL]              |
null | null | || CLIENT AGGREGATE INTO DISTINCT ROWS BY [T1.VAL, T2.VAL]
   | null | null |
Thanks,
Gerald