From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix ODBC driver limitations
Date Wed, 23 May 2018 15:52:02 GMT
I'd be surprised to hear that the ODBC driver would need to know
anything about namespace-mapping.

Do you have an error? Steps to reproduce an issue which you see?

The reason I am surprised is that namespace mapping is an implementation
detail of the JDBC driver which lives inside of PQS -- *not* the ODBC
driver. The trivial thing you can check would be to validate that the
hbase-site.xml which PQS references is up to date and that PQS was
restarted to pick up the newest version of hbase-site.xml

On 5/22/18 4:16 AM, Stepan Migunov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is the ODBC driver from Hortonworks the only way to access Phoenix from .NET code now?
> The problem is that driver has some critical limitations - it seems, driver doesn't support
Namespace Mapping (it couldn't be able to connect to Phoenix if phoenix.schema.isNamespaceMappingEnabled=true)
and doesn't support query hints.