From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Decrease HTTP chattiness?
Date Wed, 23 May 2018 15:49:39 GMT
Yeah, as Francis says, this should already be exposed via the expected
JDBC APIs.

Kevin -- can you share more details about what version(s) you're
running? A sample program?

If you're running a new enough version, you can set the following log
level via Log4j

org.apache.calcite.avatica.remote.ProtobufTranslationImpl=TRACE

which will give you a client-side dump of all of the "RPC data" being
sent and received. This will help you see the frame_max_size that
Francis alluded to :)