From Batyrshin Alexander <0x62...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Split and distribute regions of SYSTEM.STATS table
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2018 10:56:35 GMT
If all stats for given table should be on the same region there is no benefits on splitting.

Another question: is it ok to set 'IN_MEMORY' => 'true' for CF of SYSTEM.* tables?

> On 20 Apr 2018, at 23:39, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There's a bug here in that the SYSTEM.STATS
table has a custom split policy that prevents splitting from occurring (PHOENIX-4700). We'll
get a fix out in 4.14, but in the meantime it's safe to split the table, as long as all stats
for a given table are on the same region.

>     James
>
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 1:37 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org <mailto:jamestaylor@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There's a bug here in that the SYSTEM.STATS
>
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Batyrshin Alexander <0x62ash@gmail.com <mailto:0x62ash@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>  Hello,
> I've discovered that SYSTEM.STATS has only 1 region with size 3.25 GB. Is it ok to split
it and distribute over different region servers?