From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unable to connect to Apache Phoenix with Squirrel
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2018 22:44:56 GMT
The issue is commonly that sqlline.py is adding the HBase configuration
to the classpath on your behalf. This obviously would not happen in
Squirrel (which Phoenix doesn't control or know about).

* If Squirrel has the ability to add additional classpath entries, you
can try adding $HBASE_CONF_DIR to it
* If not, you can manually add hbase-site.xml to your phoenix-client.jar
* Else, you can try starting up PQS and using the thin-driver instead of
the thick-driver and that doesn't have any other required configuration.