From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preferred load balancer option for PQS
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2018 00:26:31 GMT
Hi Jins,

Check out
https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/9377/deploying-the-phoenix-query-server-in-production-e.html

which should cover a bit of this (specifically, via HAProxy).

I wrote this prior to the ZK-based discovery and client-driven load
balancer which has showed up recently. As for what PQS needs from a load
balancer, the only requirement is for sticky sessions. With that, and
relatively stable backend servers, a dumb HTTP load balancer should work
just fine.