From Aman Kumar Jha <aman....@zycus.com>
Subject Large tables in phoenix, issues with relational queries
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:11:57 GMT
Phoenix Team,

We are using Apache Phoenix on our Reporting Framework that we are building , and are facing
a lot of challenges with it.  (majorly performance challenges). We are severely constrained
on Apache Phoenix knowledge and would love your help to find someone who can help us get off
the ground here.

Our use case is, about 210 relational tables (a few million row in many of these tables) are
present inside our DB and our reporting framework sits on top of the same. Due to many relational
tables, the reports mostly result in large queries, with multiple joins (mostly left outer).
This we think is the root cause of most of our problems. A lot of internet searches, get us
the basics back easily, but we are not getting anything deeper, so that we can tune this further.

At this point, we are really thinking, if Phoenix is the correct choice of  technology for
the above use case.

As mentioned earlier, we need help with finding someone who can help us move ahead.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,

Aman Kumar Jha

This email communication (including any attachments) contains confidential information and
is intended only for the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete
this email communication (including any attachments) and hard copies immediately, Any unauthorized
use or dissemination of this email communication (including any attachments) in any manner,
is strictly prohibited. This email communication (including any attachments), may not be free
of viruses, you should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment to this
e-mail. The sender of this e-mail and the company shall not be liable for any damage that
you may sustain as a result of viruses, incompleteness of this message, interception of this
message, which may arise as a result of e-mail transmission.