From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Runtime DDL supported?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2018 23:27:28 GMT
All indexes on views are stored in a single physical table, so you'll be ok
in that regard.

If you could file bugs for any local index issues, we'd really appreciate
it. We've been steadily improving local indexes (see PHOENIX-3941 for some
recent perf improvements - applicable for multi-tenant tables in particular
- these will appear in our 4.14 release). Handling non covered columns is
pretty isolated, so we should be able to fix bugs you find. Plus, there's a
workaround - you can cover your indexes until any issues are fixed.

Global, mutable indexes have had many improvements over the last several
releases too, but there's more operational overhead if/when a data table
gets out of sync with it's index table (plus some amount of configurable
eventual consistency or index disablement). With local indexes (and HBase
1.3), this isn't possible.

Thanks,
James