From Jins George <jins.geo...@aeris.net>
Subject Incorrect number of rows affected from DELETE query
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 00:30:37 GMT
Hi,

I am facing an issue in which the number of rows affected by a DELETE
query returns an incorrect value.   The record I am trying to delete
does not exists in the table, as evident from the first query but on
deletion, it reports 1 row is affected.  Is this a known issue?

I have tried this in Phoenix 4.7 & Phoenix 4.13 and both behaves the
same way.

0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost> select accountId, subid  from test.mytable
where accountid = '1' and subid = '1';
+------------+--------+
| ACCOUNTID  | SUBID  |
*No rows selected (0.017 seconds)*
0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost> delete from test.mytable where accountid =
'1' and subid = '1';
*1 row affected (0.005 seconds)*
0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost>

Thanks,