From "Bulvik, Noam" <Noam.Bul...@teoco.com>
Subject RE: upsert data with specific timestamp using CurrentSCN fail with error java.sql.SQLException: ERROR 518 (25502): Mutations are not permitted for a read-only connection.
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 06:39:50 GMT
Assuming I won’t have index on this table at upsert time (I may build them later using the
index tool) is there a way to make the connection not read only ?

From: James Taylor [mailto:jamestaylor@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, December 3, 2017 5:18 PM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Re: upsert data with specific timestamp using CurrentSCN fail with error java.sql.SQLException:
ERROR 518 (25502): Mutations are not permitted for a read-only connection.

The CurrentSCN property may only be used for reading, not writing as of 4.13. We found that
this kind of rewriting of history causes indexes to become corrupted. The documentation needs
to be updated.

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 7:07 AM Bulvik, Noam <Noam.Bulvik@teoco.com<mailto:Noam.Bulvik@teoco.com>>