From Kumar Palaniappan <kpalaniap...@marinsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Phoenix 4.13 released
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2017 19:12:02 GMT
It was in our local repo and is in our current production. CDH5.9.2 with
Phoenix4.10HBase1.2
I can make it available, if needed once I'm cleared from the mgmt.

My point was as I stated here
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-4247> , we started noticing
it after the upgrade. Not quiet sure where the issue is.

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Pedro Boado <pedro.boado@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would love to have a look at your port to CDH 5.9.2 . Is the source code
> available anywhere?
>
> The changes I made over version 4.x-HBase1.2 are minimum and "no vital",
> and all IT are passing. I don't have any reason to believe that CDH would
> behave differently to Apache HBase. If there was a zk connection leak in
> CDH I would also expect it in the Apache version.
>

> On 20 Nov 2017 00:32, "Kumar Palaniappan" <kpalaniappan@marinsoftware.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Pedro.
>>
>> We did CDH5.9.2 compatible with Phoenix 4.10 n 4.12 but got into series
>> of issues, one of them is a ZK leak.
>>
>> Kumar Palaniappan <http://about.me/kumar.palaniappan>
>> <https://twitter.com/intent/follow?original_referer=https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons&region=follow_link&screen_name=megamda&source=followbutton&variant=2.0>
>>  [image: Description: Macintosh HD:Users:Kumarappan:Desktop:linkedin.gif]
>> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/kumarpalaniappan>
>>
>> On Nov 19, 2017, at 3:43 PM, Pedro Boado <pedro.boado@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> As I have volunteered to keep a CDH compatible release for Phoenix and as
>> for now CDH 5.x is based on HBase 1.2 is of my interest keep releasing
>> Phoenix for HBase 1.2 . So I can keep doing further releases for HBase 1.2
>> as well, James.
>>
>> On 19 November 2017 at 23:36, Kumar Palaniappan <
>> kpalaniappan@marinsoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks James. Sure will look into it from my end n update.
>>>
>>> Currently we are focused on the ZK connection leak
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-4247
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-4319
>>>
>>> Kumar Palaniappan <http://about.me/kumar.palaniappan>
>>> <https://twitter.com/intent/follow?original_referer=https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons&region=follow_link&screen_name=megamda&source=followbutton&variant=2.0>
>>>  [image: Description: Macintosh
>>> HD:Users:Kumarappan:Desktop:linkedin.gif]
>>> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/kumarpalaniappan>
>>>
>>> On Nov 19, 2017, at 1:21 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Kumar,
>>> I started a discussion [1][2] on the dev list to find an RM for the
>>> HBase 1.2 (and HBase 1.1) branch, but no one initially stepped up, so there
>>> were no plans for a release. Subsequently we've heard from a few folks that
>>> they needed it, and Pedro Boado volunteered to do CDH compatible release
>>> (see PHOENIX-4372) which requires an up to date HBase 1.2 based release.
>>>
>>> So I've volunteered to do one more Phoenix 4.13.1 release for HBase 1.2
>>> and 1.1. I'm hoping you, Pedro and others that need 1.2 based releases can
>>> volunteer to be the RM and do further releases.
>>>
>>> One thing is clear, though - folks need to be on the dev and user lists
>>> so they can take place in DISCUSS threads.

> [...]
OLTP