From Mallieswari Dineshbabu <dmalliesw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re-distribute Phoenix 4.8 or later without any License issues due to nested libraries
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2017 07:24:24 GMT
Hi Team,

We would like to include the following Phoenix *distribution* into our
product and re-distribute the same.

https://archive.apache.org/dist/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.12.0-HBase-1.2/bin/

Though the License is listed as Apache License Version 2.0, there are *many
nested dependencies in the license file*.

https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/4.12-HBase-1.2/dev/release_files/LICENSE

Could you please clarify us the following,

   1. Can we *re-distribute* Phoenix distribution after doing some minor
   changes in conf files like sqlline.py to mention Hadoop path? (We will ship
   the License file as well)
   2. Will the nested libraries mentioned in License agreement will *not
   result with any problem* for us once we distribute?

Please let me know in case of any queries,

--
Thanks and regards
Mallieswari D