From Kumar Palaniappan <kpalaniap...@marinsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Phoenix 4.13 released
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2017 00:32:16 GMT
Thanks Pedro.

We did CDH5.9.2 compatible with Phoenix 4.10 n 4.12 but got into series of issues, one of
them is a ZK leak.

Kumar Palaniappan

> On Nov 19, 2017, at 3:43 PM, Pedro Boado <pedro.boado@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As I have volunteered to keep a CDH compatible release for Phoenix and as for now CDH
5.x is based on HBase 1.2 is of my interest keep releasing Phoenix for HBase 1.2 . So I can
keep doing further releases for HBase 1.2 as well, James.

>> On 19 November 2017 at 23:36, Kumar Palaniappan <kpalaniappan@marinsoftware.com>
wrote:
>> Thanks James. Sure will look into it from my end n update.
>>
>> Currently we are focused on the ZK connection leak https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-4247
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-4319
>>
>> Kumar Palaniappan
>>
>>> On Nov 19, 2017, at 1:21 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Kumar,
>>> I started a discussion [1][2] on the dev list to find an RM for the HBase 1.2
(and HBase 1.1) branch, but no one initially stepped up, so there were no plans for a release.
Subsequently we've heard from a few folks that they needed it, and Pedro Boado volunteered
to do CDH compatible release (see PHOENIX-4372) which requires an up to date HBase 1.2 based
release.

>>> So I've volunteered to do one more Phoenix 4.13.1 release for HBase 1.2 and 1.1.
I'm hoping you, Pedro and others that need 1.2 based releases can volunteer to be the RM and
do further releases.

>>> One thing is clear, though - folks need to be on the dev and user lists so they
can take place in DISCUSS threads.

>>> Thanks,
>>> James
>>>
>>> [1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5b8b44acb1d3608770309767c3cddecbc6484c29452fe6750d8e1516@%3Cdev.phoenix.apache.org%3E
>>> [2] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/70cffa798d5f21ef87b02e07aeca8c7982b0b30251411b7be17fadf9@%3Cdev.phoenix.apache.org%3E

of the 4.13.0 release. Apache Phoenix enables SQL-based OLTP and operational analytics for
Apache Hadoop using Apache HBase as its backing store and providing integration with other
projects in the Apache ecosystem such as Spark, Hive, Pig, Flume, and MapReduce. The 4.x releases
are compatible with HBase 0.98 and 1.3.