From "snhirsch@gmail.com"<snhir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load HFiles in Apache Phoenix
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2017 21:04:37 GMT

On 2017-10-20 16:49, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:
> Here's a little more info:
> https://phoenix.apache.org/faq.html#Why_empty_key_value
>
> Lot's of hits here too:
> http://search-hadoop.com/?project=Phoenix&q=empty+key+value
>
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 1:45 PM, sn5 <snhirsch@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It would be very helpful to see a complete, working example (preferably
> > with
> > some comments) of this hfile load technique.  Apparently it's a known
> > idiom,
> > but I've spent most of the afternoon searching Google and cannot find a
> > single reference other than this thread.  In particular I do not understand
> > what is meant by "
> >

> > --
> > Sent from: http://apache-phoenix-user-list.1124778.n5.nabble.com/

Thanks, but that answers only a part of my question.  I would like to see a reference to the
entire idiom of using the uncommitted data from a transaction that will be subsequently rolled
back.  I can sort of infer what's going on from that original post, but cannot find any further
references or examples.