From "snhirsch@gmail.com"<snhir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load HFiles in Apache Phoenix
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 13:21:30 GMT

On 2017-10-20 17:23, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:
> If you put together a nice example, we can post a link to it from the FAQ.
> Sorry, but with open source, the answer is often "go look at the source
> code". :-)

Hi, James.

I've been through the tests and cannot find anything close to the body of code I inherited.
 My hat is off to whomever figured this out!  To be sure I have the fundamentals, would it
be correct to say that this is simply a shorthand to use the Phoenix query engine to act as
a standalone encoding mechanism?

The code I'm looking at does not explicitly set autoCommit to off.  Isn't that somewhat essential?
 Is autoCommit = off the default for Spark JDBC connections?