From Ankit Singhal <ankitsingha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix system tables in multitenant setup
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 07:38:59 GMT
bq. But for tables inside, I am assuming the user needs access to the
Phoenix SYSTEM tables (and CREATE rights for the namespace in question
on the HBase level)? Is that the case? And if so, what are they able
to see, as in, only their information, or all information from other
tenants as well? If so, is there a way to truly isolate them?

Currently, a Phoenix user requires RWCXA on SYSTEM tables, thus, they will
be able to see all the schemas and tables for all the tenants by simply
running a query against SYSTEM.CATALOG . In order to restrict access
against the underlying HBase ACLs, We may need to bring some cell level
ACLs or control all access to system tables by some end point having access
controller checks(like we do for HBase acl table).