From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix system tables in multitenant setup
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 19:25:57 GMT
There is some work in progress* to make it so only global read privilege on
some SYSTEM tables will be necessary for clients to continue to function
normally for DML operations. For DDL operations, the embedded Phoenix
metadata service (MetaDataEndpoint) will modify system tables on behalf of
a suitably privileged user and also drive standard HBase namespace and
table administrative actions. Related, Phoenix needs to adopt a permissions
model and grant management syntax.

* - See PHOENIX-672 and PHOENIX-4198 for two examples.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands