From <Megan.McCla...@lamresearch.com>
Subject Particular column shows NA for certain queries, is populated for others
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:56:48 GMT
Hello all,

I am having a confusing problem when querying a Phoenix table via a JDBC connection (in R
as well as client like Squirrel).  The table has five columns.  When I query the table like
so:

select * from table1 where column1 = "A" and column2 = "B" and column3 = "C"

the query returns all five columns with "NA" as the value in the fifth column - a column I
KNOW to be populated.  However, if I query:

select column5 from table1 where column1 = "A" and column2 = "B" and column3 = "C"

the query returns the populated column5.

The other odd detail - if I add a limit clause to the SELECT * query, be it limit 1 or limit
1000 (there are far less than 1000 records total in this table), column5 will populate.  Otherwise,
NA.

Any insight or theories on this odd behavior would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

M.