From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix - how to start?
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 15:09:05 GMT

On 10/3/17 3:00 AM, Andrzej wrote:
> W dniu 03.10.2017 o 01:35, Josh Elser pisze:
>> Apache Phoenix does not provide/ship an ODBC driver.
>>
>> One is provided by Hortonworks, but it is not open source. Would
>> recommend you use their forums if you need more information than is
>> included in the below tutorial.
>>
>> https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/bi-apache-phoenix-odbc/
>
> Is possible access to Apache Phoenix without ODBC?
>
> HortonWorks and Simba drivers are in Rpm format, but I need Deb and this
> complicates ODBC installation.
> SQuirreL and psql.py works without ODBC driver, is possible access from
> C++ programs without ODBC like SQuirreL and psql.py ?

Apache Phoenix provides two JDBC drivers as the primary access layer.
The Phoenix Query Server (PQS) provides an API over HTTP which would let
you build your own driver if you so choose. The one aforementioned JDBC
driver uses PQS. The other JDBC driver directly communicates with HBase
and ZooKeeper.