From Pradheep Shanmugam <Pradheep.Shanmu...@infor.com>
Subject Salt Number
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 16:13:12 GMT
Hi,

As the salt number cannot be changed later, what is is best number we can give in different
cases for cluster with 10 region servers with say 6 cores in each.

Should we consider cores while deciding the number..

In some places i see number can be in the range 1-256 and in some place i see that it is equal
to the number of region servers..can the number in the multiples of region server(say 20,
30 etc)

read heavy large(several 100 millions) table with range scans

write heavy large table with less frequent range scans

large table with hybrid load with range scans

Thanks,

Pradheep