From Pradheep Shanmugam <Pradheep.Shanmu...@infor.com>
Subject Re: Salt Number
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 17:23:10 GMT
HI James,

We have a table where multiple customer could have rows.

Some of them may be large and some very small in terms for number of rows.

we have a row key based on customerid+type+orderid..if not salted all the rows of large customer
will end up in some regions leading to hot spotting(being large customer and more frequently
used)

Thanks,

Pradheep

________________________________
From: James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 8, 2017 12:56:31 PM
To: user
Subject: Re: Salt Number

Hi Pradheep,
Would you be able to describe your use case and why you're salting? We really only recommend
salting if you have write hotspotting. Otherwise, it increases the overall load on your cluster.
Thanks,
James

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Pradheep Shanmugam <Pradheep.Shanmugam@infor.com<mailto:Pradheep.Shanmugam@infor.com>>