From "Bulvik, Noam" <Noam.Bul...@teoco.com>
Subject how to delete large amount of rows on table with multiple indexes
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 12:39:13 GMT
Hi,

We have a table with multiple global indexes (5-10 indexes )  on different columns.

When we try to delete large amount of records  (more than couple of millions)  based on entry
in one of the indexes, even after setting auto commit to true,  we got timeout after 10 minutes.
We saw that in the delete continue to work and after very long time the operation completed
on the server. (about 10 times longer than the time it took to write all the data including
all the indexes )

Is there a better way to do it?

Regards,

Noam

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential, and
is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and others who have
been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, or if any problems occur with
transmission, please contact sender. Thank you.