From "Bulvik, Noam" <Noam.Bul...@teoco.com>
Subject using index with "or" query
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 11:21:20 GMT
Hi,

We have a case where we have a table with few index on different columns  a, b, c  etc' .
It works well if we do select with "and" condition  (for example select .... Where a='xyz'
and b='123' )but when we have or condition (for example select .... Where a='xyz' or b='123')
we get full scan even though we have index on a and on b.

Is there a way to get this query to use indexes and not full scan beside creating index on
all available column combination (index on a+b , index on a +c ...)

Regards,

Noam

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential, and
is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and others who have
been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, or if any problems occur with
transmission, please contact sender. Thank you.