From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to speed up write performance
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 18:48:41 GMT
500writes/seconds seems very low to me. On my wimpy laptop, I can easily
see over 10K writes/second depending on the schema.

The first check is to make sure that you have autocommit disabled.
Otherwise, every update you make via JDBC will trigger an HBase RPC.
Batching of RPCs to HBase is key to optimal performance via Phoenix.

Regarding #2, unless you have intimate knowledge with how Phoenix writes
data to HBase, do not investigate this approach.