From "Agnihotri, Pawan" <Agnihot...@valassis.com>
Subject apache phoenix queryserver on Mapr
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2017 05:38:59 GMT
Hello,

I'm evaluating using Phoenix on mapr platform. I am able to get it working via sqlline or
java, spark client but having issues with queryserver (exception below).

[mapr@host bin]$ 17/09/09 01:14:18 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to
server localhost/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:2181. Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL (unknown
error)
17/09/09 01:14:18 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error,
closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
        at org.apache.phoenix.shaded.org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)

Here is what I have tried until now.

1.       Mapr zookeeper runs on 5181. I tried changing it to 2181 but then the other services
started failing.

2.       Port redirect from 2181 -> 5181 via iptables.

3.       Also tried changing the port in src java classes and using the update jars but still
getting the same error.

Anybody had this issue before? Is queryserver works on mapr? Any suggest?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Pawan Agnihotri
Software Developer, Business Technology Solutions
Valassis Direct Mail, Inc
1 Targeting Center
Windsor CT 06095
Phone: +1 860 298 5520