From Kumar Palaniappan <kpalaniap...@marinsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Duplicate rows with the PK
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2017 23:58:07 GMT
Deleting the table entries from system stats helped to get rid of duplicates.

Problem to be monitored during the high growth.

Kumar Palaniappan

> On Aug 28, 2017, at 11:48 AM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Is the table salted? If the SALT_BUCKETS property was ever changed during the life of
the table, this could lead to duplicates. You could get the same row key with a different
salt byte. If not salted, are there any global, mutable secondary indexes. A number of issues
have been fixed which will be in 4.12 release that lead to out-of-sync issues between the
data and index table under high load (in particular when the same set of rows are frequently
changing).

> If you could file a JIRA with more information (Phoenix version, HBase version, DDL,
indexes, etc), that'd be much appreciated. We can discuss more there.