From Tanujit Ghosh <tanujit.gh...@gmail.com>
Subject RegionNotServingException when using Phoenix
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 17:48:22 GMT
Hi All,

We are facing a problem in our cluster as stated below.

We have a long running java process which does various select on underlying
Phoenix/HBASE table structure and return data. This process gets requests
from other upstream apps and responds with results from Phoenix/HBASE.

We are facing an issue here is that if any one of the HBASE region
servers goes down, then we start getting a RegionNotServingException when
we run a query on a table whose regions were on the region server that went
down. Although now the cluster has reassigned those regions to other region
servers, somehow it does not reflect in the Phoenix query layer.

As per Phoenix documentation, we are creating a new PhoenixConnection
object for each query and running the select statements.

Has anyone faced a similar issue?
Any suggestions/help in this regards will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Tanujit