From Maria Catherine Tan <c...@exist.com>
Subject TableNotFound if query with Limit
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 04:26:38 GMT
Hi,

We have a CUSTOMER table created via phoenix with view on that table called CUSTOMER_VIEW.

We have a ranger policy in place for the table.

User1 has permissions to create, read, write.
User2 has permission to read only.

For User1, we didn't encounter any error when querying with Limit. But for User2, we're encountering
a TableNotFoundException if using limit in our query.

When we query with limit, phoenix is giving us an Error: ERROR 1012 (42M03): Table undefined.
schemaName=CUSTOMER.null (state=42M03, code=1012)
org.apache.phoenix.schema.TableNotFoundException: ERROR 1012 (42M03): Table undefined. schemaName=CUSTOMER.null

at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServiceImpl.getTableDescriptor(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:319)

The error above happens with the following queries for User2 only:
select * from CUSTOMER_VIEW limit 5;
select * from CUSTOMER_VIEW where id = 1 limit 5;

Although it works without Limit or with Order By:
select * from CUSTOMER_VIEW;
select * from CUSTOMER_VIEW order by id limit 5;
select * from CUSTOMER_VIEW where id = 1 order by id limit 5;

Same thing happens if we query directly from the table itself instead of the view.

We tried doing a scan with limit via hbase shell and it works for User2.

Phoenix 4.4.0
Hbase 1.1.1

Marica Tan