From Juvenn Woo <mach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Specify maven dependency
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2017 08:54:43 GMT
Thanks Ted.

I think I figured it out. In simplest case, it is enough to specify `phoenix-core:{version}`,
instead of `phoenix:{version}`.  And along with a compatible `hbase-client:{version}` such
as:

```
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.phoenix</groupId>
    <artifactId>phoenix-core</artifactId>
    <version>4.10.0-HBase-1.2</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>
    <artifactId>hbase-client</artifactId>
    <version>1.2.2</version>
</dependency>

```

Shall we add a section note (about maven dependency) in the installation instruction? I may
work on this if it does make sense.

Best,
--
Juvenn Woo

On Thursday, 29 June 2017 at 10:43 PM, Ted Yu wrote:

> Looking at https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/phoenix/phoenix/4.10.0-HBase-1.2/
, there is only test jar.

> You need to specify a module under https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/phoenix/
>
> e.g.
> https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/phoenix/phoenix-core/4.11.0-HBase-1.2/
>
> FYI
>
> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 7:23 AM, Juvenn Woo <machese@gmail.com (mailto:machese@gmail.com)>
wrote:
> > Hi Ted,
> >
> > Thanks for quick reply. I’ve setup a new app with just phoenix as dependency,
you can find the  `mvn -X dependency:tree` output here:

> > http://termbin.com/qm3q
> >
> > Best,
> > --
> > Juvenn Woo
> > Sent with Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig)
> >

> > On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Ted Yu wrote:
> >
> > > Can you add -X to mvn command and pastebin the output?
> > >
> > > Ghanks

instead of put client jar in the git repo.

> > > While I am able to find phoenix on maven central:
> > >
> > > ```
> > > <dependency>
> > >     <groupId>org.apache.phoenix</groupId>
> > >     <artifactId>phoenix</artifactId>
> > >     <version>4.10.0-HBase-1.2</version>
> > > </dependency>
> > > ```
> > >
> > > Yet it fails to download it, and complains with following error:
> > >
> > > ```
> > > Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could
not find artifact org.apache.phoenix:phoenix:jar:4.10.0-HBase-1.2 in central