From Jonathan Leech <jonat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build index on existing big table
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2017 05:26:56 GMT
Give Hbase region servers lots of memory, set number of Hbase store files and blocking files
way high. Major compact before and after. You can create an index a sync with map reduce but
not rebuild AFAIK. Also if rebuilding one or more local index, I found it better to drop it
first in Hbase, preserving the splits.

> On Jun 3, 2017, at 12:36 AM, co2y <co2y@foxmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am creating index on an existing big table, it is very slow. Sometimes, it is stuck
in “BUILDING” state.

> When building index on an existing big table, does it upsert data into index table? Is
there any other approaches like MapReduce to build index on existing tables?