phoenix-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "M. Aaron Bossert" <maboss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create View of Existing HBase table
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2017 01:39:07 GMT
Will do.  The packet timestamp is a Long...same as epoch/unix timestamp

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 17, 2017, at 20:32, Randy Hu <ruweih@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Yes, the problem I had experienced was the future time stamp in cells.
> Setting "CurrentSCN" to maximal value would enforce the scan/get to use
> this as the timestamp, so any cells would be retuned.
> 
> Not sure if the network packet time stamp you copied is the same as Unix
> timestamp:
> 
> https://currentmillis.com/tutorials/system-currentTimeMillis.html#unix-timestamp
> 
> For testing purpose, maybe you can insert some cells without explicit
> timestamp to confirm whether timestamp is the issue.
> 
> Randy
> 
> On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 6:21 PM, M. Aaron Bossert [via Apache Phoenix User
> List] <ml+s1124778n3684h53@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
> 
>> I looked through the discussion and it seems like their issue was
>> timestamps in the future?  I do use explicit timestamps for the data.  I am
>> storing network traffic and am using the packet's timestamp as the Hbase
>> timestamp, which is often some time in the past when ingesting bulk
>> collection files for forensic-type analysis.
>> 
>> How would setting the SCN value help?  Would I set it in the past to match
>> the oldest or newest packets?
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> 
>>> On Jun 17, 2017, at 18:01, Randy Hu <[hidden email]
>> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3684&i=0>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Not sure if you have custom time stamp set when the values were
>> persisted.
>>> Here is the time stamp issue I discovered with view. The solution (work
>>> around) is in the last post:
>>> 
>>> http://apache-phoenix-user-list.1124778.n5.nabble.com/
>> View-timestamp-on-existing-table-potential-defect-td3475.html
>>> 
>>> Randy
>>> 
>>> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 2:07 PM, M. Aaron Bossert [via Apache Phoenix
>> User
>>> List] <[hidden email]
>> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3684&i=1>> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> *I have an existing HBase table with the following characteristics:*
>>>> 
>>>> hbase(main):032:0> describe 'bro'
>>>> 
>>>> Table bro is ENABLED
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> bro, {TABLE_ATTRIBUTES => {coprocessor$1 => '|org.apache.phoenix.
>>>> coprocessor.ScanRegionObserver|805306366|', coprocessor$2 =>
>>>> '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.UngroupedAggregateRegionObserver|805306366|',
>> 
>>>> coprocessor
>>>> 
>>>> $3 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.GroupedAggregateRegionObserver|805306366|',
>> 
>>>> coprocessor$4 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.
>>>> ServerCachingEndpointImpl|805306366|', METADATA =>
>> {'COMPACTION_ENABLED'
>>>> => 'true'}
>>>> 
>>>> }
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> COLUMN FAMILIES DESCRIPTION
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> {NAME => 'bm', BLOOMFILTER => 'ROW', VERSIONS => '1', IN_MEMORY
=>
>>>> 'false', KEEP_DELETED_CELLS => 'FALSE', DATA_BLOCK_ENCODING => 'NONE',
>> TTL
>>>> => 'FOREVER', COMPRESSION => 'LZ4', MIN_VERSIONS => '0', BLOCKCACHE
=>
>> 'tr
>>>> 
>>>> ue', BLOCKSIZE => '65536', REPLICATION_SCOPE => '0'}
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> {NAME => 'uid', BLOOMFILTER => 'ROW', VERSIONS => '1', IN_MEMORY
=>
>>>> 'false', KEEP_DELETED_CELLS => 'FALSE', DATA_BLOCK_ENCODING => 'NONE',
>> TTL
>>>> => 'FOREVER', COMPRESSION => 'LZ4', MIN_VERSIONS => '0', BLOCKCACHE
=>
>> 't
>>>> 
>>>> rue', BLOCKSIZE => '65536', REPLICATION_SCOPE => '0'}
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 2 row(s) in 0.0300 seconds
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> *When I try to create a Phoenix VIEW (Phoenix 4.7) as such:*
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 0: jdbc:phoenix:pocc2.net:2181> CREATE VIEW "bro" (pk VARCHAR PRIMARY
>>>> KEY, "bm"."id.orig_h" VARCHAR, "bm"."id.orig_p" VARCHAR,
>> "bm"."id_resp_h"
>>>> VARCHAR, "bm"."id_resp_p" VARCHAR, "bm"."proto" VARCHAR) AS SELECT *
>> FROM
>>>> "bro";
>>>> 
>>>> No rows affected (0.019 seconds)
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> *I see no errors at all, but when I try to query, there are no
>> results.  I
>>>> verified that the columns in question are entered using the
>>>> Bytes.toBytes(String) method in my code, thus my choice of VARCHAR.*
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 0: jdbc:phoenix:pocc2.net:2181> select * from "bro";
>>>> 
>>>> *+-----+------------+------------+------------+------------+--------+*
>>>> 
>>>> *| **PK ** | **id.orig_h ** | **id.orig_p ** | **id_resp_h ** | *
>>>> *id_resp_p ** | **proto ** |*
>>>> 
>>>> *+-----+------------+------------+------------+------------+--------+*
>>>> 
>>>> *+-----+------------+------------+------------+------------+--------+*
>>>> 
>>>> No rows selected (0.078 seconds)
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> *Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...*
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
>> discussion
>>>> below:
>>>> http://apache-phoenix-user-list.1124778.n5.nabble.com/
>>>> Create-View-of-Existing-HBase-table-tp3678.html
>>>> To start a new topic under Apache Phoenix User List, email
>>>> [hidden email] <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3684&i=2>
>>>> To unsubscribe from Apache Phoenix User List, click here
>>>> <
>>>> .
>>>> NAML
>>>> <http://apache-phoenix-user-list.1124778.n5.nabble.com/
>> template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_
>> html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.
>> BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-
>> nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=
>> notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%
>> 21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> --
>>> View this message in context: http://apache-phoenix-user-
>> list.1124778.n5.nabble.com/Create-View-of-Existing-HBase-
>> table-tp3678p3682.html
>>> Sent from the Apache Phoenix User List mailing list archive at
>> Nabble.com.
>> 
>> 
>> ------------------------------
>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
>> below:
>> http://apache-phoenix-user-list.1124778.n5.nabble.com/
>> Create-View-of-Existing-HBase-table-tp3678p3684.html
>> To start a new topic under Apache Phoenix User List, email
>> ml+s1124778n1h80@n5.nabble.com
>> To unsubscribe from Apache Phoenix User List, click here
>> <http://apache-phoenix-user-list.1124778.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=1&code=cnV3ZWloQGdtYWlsLmNvbXwxfC04OTI3ODY3NTc=>
>> .
>> NAML
>> <http://apache-phoenix-user-list.1124778.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> --
> View this message in context: http://apache-phoenix-user-list.1124778.n5.nabble.com/Create-View-of-Existing-HBase-table-tp3678p3685.html
> Sent from the Apache Phoenix User List mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Mime
View raw message