From Mike Prendergast <mikeprenderg...@iotait.com>
Subject Explain Plan - Full scan vs Skip scan
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2017 17:36:30 GMT
We are currently using Phoenix 4.9 in EMR 5.6. We have been constructing
queries that we would expect the explain plan to describe as either skip
scan or range scan queries. Instead, it returns 1-way round robin full
scans in the plan output.

However, when we execute the queries, Phoenix does not throw an error like
with a Full scan and instead executes the query and responds quickly as we
would expect them to since they are built to be very tight scans. Is there
a reason why the Explain plan output seems misleading? Thanks in advance

Michael Prendergast
*iota IT*
Vice President / Software Engineer
(cell)     703.594.1053
(office)  571.386.4682
(fax)     571.386.4681

This e-mail and any attachments to it are intended only for the identified
recipient(s). It may contain proprietary or otherwise legally protected
information of Iota IT, Inc. Any unauthorized distribution, use or
disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete
or otherwise destroy the e-mail and all attachments immediately.