From Michael Young <yomaiq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Renaming table schema in hbase
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 00:06:12 GMT
ah ha....after some googling I found some info from Ankit, copied below

Looks like I was missing step 2.  I don't know how to get the CurrentSCN.

Can someone help me with this?

====== From http://apache-phoenix-user-list.1124778.n5.nabble.com/Phoenix-4-4-Rename-table-Supported-td1781.html
====

Currently there is no sql construct but you can do it by following below
steps.(It is highly recommended you try these steps in dev environment
before proceeding to production.

1. Take snapshot of the original table from hbase shell and restore it with
another table name.

hbase> disable 'oldtablename'

hbase> snapshot 'oldtablename', 'oldtablename_Snapshot'

hbase> clone_snapshot 'oldtablename_Snapshot', 'newTableName'

2. Open phoenix connection at timestamp 1 day less than the oldest data in
your tables ( by specifying ts in CurrentSCN ./sqlline.py
"localhost;CurrentSCN=<ts>") and create table with the exact DDL used for
old table but with the table name changed to new table.

3. confirm that your new table is working fine as expected .
4. Then drop the old table from phoenix and snapshot from hbase shell.

hbase> delete_snapshot 'oldtablename_Snapshot'