From Ash N <742...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Apache Phoenix
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 13:26:31 GMT
Hello,

We are building an Enterprise Datawarehouse on Phoenix(HBase)
Please refer the diagram attached.

The EDW supports an unified architecture that serves both Streaming and
batch use cases.

I am recommending a staging area that is source compliant (i.e. that mimics
source structure)
In the EDW path - data is always loaded into staging and then gets moved to
EDW.

Folks are not liking the idea due to an additional hop. They are saying the
hop is unnecessary and will cause latency issues.

I am saying latency can be handled in two ways:

1. The caching layer will take care
2. If designed properly, Latency is a function of hardware

What are your thoughts?

One other question -  is Kafka required at all???
It is introduced in the architecture for replay messages in case kinesis
connectivity issues.  So that we can replay messages.
Is there a better way to do it?

help as always is appreciated.

[image: Inline image 1]

thanks,