From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Modify Column Name using Alter Command
Date Sun, 21 May 2017 14:31:26 GMT
Currently you cannot rename a column, however PHOENIX-1598 laid the
groundwork for this by putting a level of indirection between the HBase
column qualifier and the Phoenix column name [1]. It would be great if
someone could pick up PHOENIX-2341 as it'd just be a matter of updating the
SYSTEM.CATALOG entry for a column to rename it.

Thanks,
James

[1] http://phoenix.apache.org/columnencoding.html