From John Leach <jlea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sequences vs UUID's
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 23:51:25 GMT
Ash,

I built one a while back based on twitter’s snowflake algorithm.

Here is a link to a presentation from twitter on it…

https://www.slideshare.net/davegardnerisme/unique-id-generation-in-distributed-systems <https://www.slideshare.net/davegardnerisme/unique-id-generation-in-distributed-systems>

We used it as the primary key for the table when in essence there was not a primary key (just
needed uniqueness).

Good luck.

Regards,
John Leach