From Sudhir Babu Pothineni <sbpothin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: phoenix 4.10 how to create table on exist hbase table
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 22:47:56 GMT
Also,

If possible please rename this feature to 'column encoding' to distinguish it from Hive-Phoenix
column mapping, all the source code use the word 'encoding'

Thanks
Sudhir

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 31, 2017, at 5:08 PM, Sudhir Babu Pothineni <sbpothineni@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> COLUMN_ENCODED_BYTES=0 will disable the column encoding.
>
> It will be helpful to add a sentence for this doc for COLUMN_ENCODED_BYTES=0
> http://phoenix.apache.org/columnencoding.html
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 29, 2017, at 3:33 AM, Nan Xu <nanxu1980@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> hi,
>>
>>>    On phoenix 4.9, I can create phoenix table on top of existing hbase table
without a problem. but on 4.10. the column mapping was introduced and the hbase column qualifier
is not directly used but mapping to an integer. when I create a table, I get this message
: Invalid number of qualifier bytes. Expected length: 2. Actual: 11.  how to solve this? or
disable this column mapping feature?