From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade Phoenix version on HDP 2.4
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 14:56:23 GMT
Hi Bernard,

(wearing my Hortonworks hat)

No, there is no way for you to in-place upgrade Phoenix. We do a
significant amount of compatibility testing for the versions of all
components shipped in HDP.

Please note that the version of Phoenix that is shipped inside HDP is
*based* on an Apache Phoenix release, not an exact Apache Phoenix
release. You would be on an island by yourself if you tried to replace
jars with a different version. I'd be very surprised if you even had
basic functionality :)