+1 for Joanthan comment,
-- Take multiple jstack of the client during the query time and check which thread is working for long. If you find merge sort is the bottleneck then removing salting and using SERIAL scan will help in the query given above. Ensure that your queries are not causing hotspotting. JFYI, merge sort is optimized in PHOENIX-2377
-- If you are using single Phoenix client for all your concurrent queries then increase phoenix.query.threadPoolSize    for parallelism and also increase regionserver and datanode handler if your server capacity allows you to do so.
-- In the case of parallel scans, first next() call prepares the scanners and open them and wait till it completes the scan on all the regionserver as you have specified ORDER BY on a salted table. Try removing ORDER BY and see the performance.

Below tuning guide should help you with the tips regarding the same too.
https://phoenix.apache.org/tuning_guide.html