Thanks Josh, Sorry if you felt like I am wasting community time, it took some time for me to figure out how to handle hbase-site.xml for Zeppelin phoenix connection, may be its a zeppelin question than phoenix, in my case the only extra parameter I am using is phoenix.schema.isNamespaceMappingEnabled, I thought it should default to true. thanks for the explanation why it shouldn't

-Sudhir