Did you commit the data? I'd recommend turning auto commit on for the connection before running the delete statement.

Thanks,
James

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Michael Young <yomaiquin@gmail.com> wrote:
This is probably a newbie question, but has anyone run across a case where a simple 'delete from tbl' fails to work?

my_tmp_table has 29,728 rows

I run:
delete from my_tmp_table;
29,728 rows affected (0.08 seconds)

select count(*) from my_tmp_table;
'COUNT(1)'
'29728'

No rows were deleted from this table.  My table doesn't have IMMUTABLE_ROWS=true, but even if it did I would expect delete to work.

We use phoenix-4.7.0.2.5.0.0-1245 in HDP 2.5 release.

Are there any checks I can do to identify the cause (without restarting hbase, that is)?

-Michael