From <yunus.dur...@accenture.com>
Subject Can we simply update fat Java client without jar updates on workers?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2017 16:01:15 GMT
Hi community,

We are running on HDP 2.3 with phoenix 4.4 and would like to use the latest 4.10. Upgrading
HDP is not an option since it affects too many people. We don't want to upgrade HDP manually
either by upgrading the phoenix jars on the worker nodes. That violates hortonworks contract.

So we think that maybe just updating the fat jar client in our APIs simply work. We are not
using the phoenix query server and if all the logic is in this fat client, we simply don't
have to upgrade the servers. Or we don't know how Phoenix works..

Could you please enlighten us?

Best regards
--yunus durmus

www.accenture.com