From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: phoenix.schema.isNamespaceMappingEnabled
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 16:56:25 GMT
Most likely to avoid breaking existing functionality.

As this mapping is a relatively new feature, we wouldn't want to force
it upon new users.

The need for Phoenix to have the proper core-site, hdfs-site, and
hbase-site XML files on the classpath is a fair knock though (although,
the lack of ability to provide classpath element continues to boggle my
mind as "normal"). I think discussion around how to better handle this
would be a much better use of your and the community's time :)