From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weird High Read throuput of SYSTEM.STATS
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 15:41:20 GMT
Thanks for the version info. I'm not sure about what's included in CDH's
packaging -- maybe someone else knows.

I understand that your question was about the read load. However, the
old guideposts likely needed to be updated with the new files' stats.
Thus, even though you're writing data to your table, to update the stats
for that table, it would involve a read of the *existing* stats data.
But, again, that's just a guess :)