From Lukáš Lalinský <lalin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: python-phoenixdb
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2017 09:23:36 GMT
Hi James,

How would you prefer the integration into the Phoenix project to be
handled? I'm more than happy to do it, but I don't see a clear path.

Licensing is not an issue, since it's using the same license as
Phoenix itself. I guess I'd just need to sign the CLA?

Adding it to the Phoenix source repo is just a matter of deciding on
the structure, since there is currently no non-Java code as far as I
know. Any preferences there?

There is a question on whether it should be added to Phoenix or
Avatica. I think Phoenix is a better home for the library, since
everything in there is only tested on Phoenix and not other Avatica
backends and the type handling is Phoenix-specific as well.

Releasing is a different matter. I'm not sure how Phoenix releases are
currently handled, but for a Python library, it makes sense to upload
the package to PyPI since that's from where most Python developers are
getting packages from. Who would do that? If me, I wouldn't want to
block Phoenix releases due to me unavailability, but on the other hand
it would be bad for the releases to get out of sync.

I'm also happy to abandon the project if you integrate Dimitri's version.

Regards,

Lukas