From Sumanta Gh <sumanta...@tcs.com>
Subject Query TimeOut on Azure HDInsight
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 12:40:31 GMT
Hi,
We have a production system on Azure HDInsight.
There is a table called TABLE1 which has approx 100 million rows.

Recently the following query is always timing out -

SELECT DISTINCT COLX FROM TABLE1 WHERE COL1=1 LIMIT 10;

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException: org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException:
Failed after attempts=36, exceptions:
Fri Feb 10 12:06:14 GMT 2017, null, java.net.SocketTimeoutException: callTimeout=60000, callDuration=72705:
row '?  ?' on table 'TABLE1' at region=TABLE1,,1450429763940.e30cec826e39df2e3b21e0baa6e1d9c0.,
hostname=workernode1.xxxxxx.d1.internal.cloudapp.net,60020,1483615853438, seqNum=173240701

The explain plan is -
|                   PLAN                   |
| CLIENT 47-CHUNK PARALLEL 47-WAY RANGE SCAN OVER TABLE1 [1] |
|     SERVER AGGREGATE INTO DISTINCT ROWS BY [COLX] LIMIT 10 GROUPS |
| CLIENT MERGE SORT                        |
| CLIENT 10 ROW LIMIT                      |

How can we make this above query successful? Kindly reply urgently.

Regards
Sumanta
and any attachments. Thank you